Exact coordinates when downloading ECVs

Home Page Forums C3S_422_Lot1_SMHI forum Exact coordinates when downloading ECVs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RemC 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

RemC
    Participant

How can we download ECVs at pre-determined/designated lat/lon coordinates? Currently, we click on the map to select a point but the actual lat/lon of the location is not really shown.

Thanks,
    -Rem-

dgustafsson
    Participant

Thanks for your post. I have the same problem. With the current system you cannot specify the coordinates exactly in the map – but you can check the coordinates after download in the files.

It would be useful if either a) the coordinates of the download bounding-box (or point) are displayed in the map browser, and/or b) the bounding box or point coordinates could be set in text input fields. I hope the webteam reads this and can do something about it.

As a workaround with the current system, I have zoomed in to see the more details in the background map and compared to google maps where you can get the coordinates. For larger areas, I have used trial-an error with one of the HydroGFD ECVs until I have a selected bounding box covering my area of interest. Then I keep this webpage and selected area and change variable to download until I have all data (for the GCMs I can be quite painful to go through this process if your area is large.

/David

Thanks for the suggestions. We will add this to the todo list and I hope that it can be prioritized. We will also add this suggestion as a user request to the systems that will be developed by C3S.

RemC
    Participant

Thanks David for the suggestion! Thanks also Frida and I hope this will get priority!

-Rem-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.