A. Explain briefly what data you are planning to use for your case study and what data analyses and or (bias) ? corrections you have already done or are planning to do
Developing suitability maps for relevant crops (barley/hops) by connecting to CRUCIAL data and develop water availability indicators using stream flow, runoff and specifically the temporal aspects for selecting the critical periods in the year.
B. To advise you on the most appropriate bias correction/adjustment and data analyses methods please answer the following key questions
1. Which indicators / climate variables are you most interested in (temperature, precipitation, soil moisture, streamflow etc.)?
Streamflow, precipitation (extremes), temperature (extremes), soil moisture, crop specific indicators for barley and hobs (CRUCIAL)
2. Are you interested in gridded data or point/station data?
Mainly gridded data
3. What local data do you have available for bias correction ( e.g. station data on precipitation and temperature or a particular gridded data set)? For which time period, daily/monthly data?
4. For your case are you only interested in changes in average values, or also in extremes (e.g. extreme rainfall, floods, droughts etc.)?
Also in extremes
5. Do you need to correct precipitation data? If so, are the number of raindays very important or only the total amount of rainfall?