Climate Adaptation Services
A. Explain briefly what data you are planning to use for your case study and what data analyses and or (bias) ? corrections you have already done or are planning to do
Developing suitability maps for relevant crops (barley/hops) by connecting to CRUCIAL data and develop water availability indicators using stream flow, runoff and specifically the temporal aspects for selecting the critical periods in the year.
B. To advise you on the most appropriate bias correction/adjustment and data analyses methods please answer the following key questions
1. Which indicators / climate variables are you most interested in (temperature, precipitation, soil moisture, streamflow etc.)?
Streamflow, precipitation (extremes), temperature (extremes), soil moisture, crop specific indicators for barley and hobs (CRUCIAL)
2. Are you interested in gridded data or point/station data?
Mainly gridded data
3. What local data do you have available for bias correction ( e.g. station data on precipitation and temperature or a particular gridded data set)? For which time period, daily/monthly data?
4. For your case are you only interested in changes in average values, or also in extremes (e.g. extreme rainfall, floods, droughts etc.)?
Also in extremes
5. Do you need to correct precipitation data? If so, are the number of raindays very important or only the total amount of rainfall?
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.